Tech Writer Sr.San Antonio
We are seeking Technical Writers for a client in San Antonio, Texas!
Note: Due to COVID -19 This request will be full time WFH for the duration of the assignment. This means candidates will need their own computers and high-speed Internet access as a requirement for WFH capabilities.
Technical writer will develop intranet sites / wikis to display dashboards sourced from other tools, and to provide visual reference for program roadmaps and process documents. Requires skills in wiki development; Office products; process workflow tooling (iGrafx preferred). Experience in enterprise process development and documentation is required. Experience in an enterprise GRC tool, such as MetricStream, is preferred. Exposure to vulnerability management, or risk, compliance, or auditing functions, is preferred but not required.
• Writes and updates content according to company Content and Brand style guidelines where applicable.
• Demonstrates proficiency in multiple writing styles and in content development.
• Engages internal clients to understand business needs and objectives and interviews subject matter experts.
• Translate business needs and requirements stories used for services development.
• Create basic user interface wireframes to be used for services development.
• Uses best practice knowledge and content metrics to advise clients, influence final content direction, and ensure business objectives are met.
• Demonstrates proficiency in work related tools, processes and software.
• May write content for website publishing.
• Utilizes tested content and templates and optimization best practices; recommends improvements in process and technique to maximize content effectiveness.
Bachelor's Degree, OR, 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
At least 4 years of experience in writing, editing, and document creation.
Write clearly, concisely, and precisely: Must have the ability to write well and convey information to the intended audience in an easily understood manner.
Be proficient in using the tools of the trade: Adept using computer applications associated with producing your documentation such as Adobe, MS Word, Visio, and Photoshop.
Be able to select the proper support visuals: Must understand how to put together graphics and formatting. They must be able to collaborate with the subject matter expert (SME).
Know how to ask questions and learn from the answers. Must be proficient interacting with SMEs and customers.
Refine the art of patience and persistence. Must be understanding and patient. Must also be willing to change direction readily.
Knowledge of Confluence and Jira
Knowledge of Agile technical software delivery methodologies
Knowledge and demonstrated use of process engineering methodologies
Familiar with concepts related to human centered design or high-tech anthropology
Experience in design research activities including planning, moderation, analysis and synthesis, and communication of findings