Data/Bus Sol Analyst Mid.San Antonio
We are seeking Data/Business Solution Analysts for a client in San Antonio, Texas!
Note: Due to COVID -19 This request will be full time WFH for the duration of the assignment. This means candidates will need their own computers and high-speed Internet access as a requirement for WFH capabilities.
Savvy with data manipulation
Strong SQL and SAS skills
Tableau experience preferred
Audit/Banking experience is a plus
Strong communication skills
"Serves as a facilitator in the gathering of business requirements. Collaborates with stakeholders to define data and analytic needs. Applies an intermediate level of both technical and business knowledge to provide answers or recommend solutions to business data problems which influence business strategy or decisions. Applies intermediate business, technical and data knowledge to measure effectiveness and impact of change to business. Independently, under minimal supervision, manages/performs multiple complex initiatives of limited scope (or segments of a large project). Manages problem resolution across systems, processes or channels; and navigates obstacles to deliver the work product. May present and communicate findings to various levels of leadership.
• Facilitates gathering complex business requirements by defining the business problem, identifying data requirements and isolating data elements.
• Develops and may maintain complex business solutions, which includes data, reporting, business intelligence, data collection applications or analytics.
• Leverages an understanding of multiple data structures and sources (possesses an advanced knowledge of multiple data stores) to perform complex data manipulation using advanced data extraction and analytical tools and techniques.
• Displays an understanding of the connection between business operations and analytics to support business strategies and solutions.
• Begins to develop innovative approaches to address business problems and solutions.
• Collaborates with IT to facilitate the implementation of technical data solutions and standards.
• May perform data governance, integrity, quality and audit functions.
Bachelor's degree or 6 years of experience in an analytical or technical support function
4+ years of experience in an analytical or technical support function or general data analysis/extraction experience
Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office products and databases; SQL and/or SAS
Intermediate knowledge of data reporting/analysis tools and techniques (such as business objects, monarch, structured query language, etc.); leveraging relational databases (such as OLTP/OLAP, DB2 Oracle, SQL Server and/or MySQL); and database design, and table structures; data warehouse structures and data marts
Intermediate knowledge of identifying, documenting and analyzing business and/or data requirements
Intermediate knowledge of data extraction techniques and applications
Displays an understanding of the connection between business operations and analytics
Experience applying data information to support business functions
Demonstrated application of innovative approaches to address business problems and solutions
Intermediate knowledge of industry best practices
Possesses agility for learning technical and business concepts
Intermediate knowledge of data governance, integrity, quality and audit functions (such as UNIX security, SAS Metadata, etc.)
Successful completion of an analyst assessment may be required
Master's Degree in a related field. 6+ years' relevant business support and/or general data analysis/extraction experience
Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products and databases; SQL and/or SAS
Advanced knowledge of data reporting/analysis tools and techniques (such as business objects, crystal, monarch, etc.); relational databases (such as OLTP/OLAP, DB2 Oracle, SQL Server and/or MySQL); database design, and table structures; data warehouse structures and data marts
Advanced knowledge of identifying, documenting and analyzing business and/or data requirements
Advanced knowledge of data extraction techniques and applications
Recognizes the connection between the business operations and analytics
Experience in Influencing business strategies and solutions
Experience in influencing innovative approaches to address business problems and solutions
Advanced knowledge of industry best practices
Intermediate knowledge of mainframe, EZtrieve, Monarch, JCL, or VBA experience "